Content strategy is one of the most important aspects of any company website or blog. Without good content, a business will struggle to reach its target audience and generate any form of engagement. That’s why it’s so important to nail down a killer content strategy from the start. One that actually works. In this beginner’s guide, we’ll teach you everything you need to understand about content marketing and help you develop a strategy that will work for your business. Ready to get started? Let’s get started!
First, let’s define “content strategy” so that we’re on the same page and that there is no confusion. We don’t need that.
Content strategy is a plan for creating and publishing your content.
That was simple, but it includes determining which topics to cover, how often to publish new content, and what format to use. A good strategy will also include goals such as increasing traffic and conversions, building brand awareness, or driving sales.
There are many factors that go into developing a successful content strategy – including the business’s mission, target audience, industry trends, budget constraints, and more. It can be helpful to consult with an expert in the field before starting any writing or editing sessions. This person might be outside of your organization, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing someone in to help sort that out.
Remember: you don’t have to be the best at everything to start. Sometimes admitting that you’re just good or better than most in some areas is okay too.
One of the most important things you can do when pursuing a content strategy is to keep track of your progress over time. Track which pieces of content perform well (in terms of views/clicks/subscriptions), and make changes based on those results. This way you can continuously improve your coverage while still meeting your overall goals!
How often should I publish fresh content?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the frequency of new content will vary depending on the business and its goals. That being said, it is generally accepted that businesses should aim to publish new content on a regular basis – whether that means daily, weekly, monthly, or something else entirely. The important thing is to be consistent with your publishing schedule so that your audience knows when they can expect new material from you.
If you’re just starting out with content strategy, it can be helpful to start small and gradually increase the frequency of your posts as you get more comfortable with the process. There is no shame in publishing once a week or even once a month – the important thing is that you’re putting out quality content that will resonate with your audience.
A successful content strategy should be tailored to the specific business and its goals.
That being said, there are some general best practices that can help any organization create quality content:
- Start by clearly defining your target audience and what they want to see from your brand.
- Identify which topics would be most relevant and interesting to them.
- Come up with a schedule for creating and publishing new content.
- Invest in quality editing and proofreading to ensure that your material is error-free.
- Make use of social media, email marketing, and other channels to promote your content.
There are several different stages that a content strategy can go through, and each one has its own benefits.
1. Planning – In the planning stage, you identify your target audience, what kind of content you need to produce, and how you will produce it. This includes figuring out where to find quality sources of information, as well as identifying which platforms or mediums will be best for your brand or project.
2. Production – Once you have a clear understanding of your goals and target audience, production is the process of creating the actual content. This may involve sourcing quality materials (articles etc.), formatting them correctly for online consumption, and uploading them to the appropriate platform(s).
3. Distribution – After producing all of the necessary content pieces, it’s now time to distribute them across channels in order to reach as many people as possible! This involves working with social media managers and editors who can help choose the most effective ways to share your work with an ever-growing fanbase
4. Analysis – After your content pieces have been successfully published and distributed, it’s important to analyze their performance in order to see what’s working well and where improvements can be made. This step allows you to course correct moving forward, ensuring that your future content is even more successful than the last batch!
Headlines are one of the most important factors when it comes to content marketing.
They should be interesting, attention-grabbing, and relevant to your target audience.
Effective headlines can help drive traffic to your website or article, and may even lead to sales. By creating catchy headlines that appeal to your readers’ interests, you can increase the number of leads or customers that contact you directly.
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind when designing a headline:
- Use keywords prominently in your headline – Make sure the words that appear in your headline are related to the topic of the article or video. This will help improve search engine ranking for your content and make it easier for potential buyers/users to find it.
- Be specific – When writing a headline, be as specific as possible about what people will learn by reading or watching it. This way they know exactly what they’re getting themselves into before clicking on any links!
- Keep it short – Headlines should be no more than 60 characters long (excluding spaces), otherwise, they’ll likely get cut off by Google Chrome’s “Suggested Keywords” box while browsing online. Also, remember not to use too many hyphens (-) in a row; this could also cause problems with SEO rankings.
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world, but it can be tough to come up with original content.
That’s why it’s important to learn how to create a relevant, interesting, and engaging blog post.
Here are some tips for writing effective blog posts:
- Research your topic thoroughly. If you aren’t familiar with the subject matter you’re writing about, there’s no point in posting anything. It will only frustrate readers and put them off from reading your blog altogether.
- Write as you would speak aloud. Use active language that engages readers on an emotional level. For example, use phrases such as “you know” or “wouldn’t it be cool?” instead of making assumptions about what readers know or don’t know. Remember, this is a B2H endeavor – business-to-human! Or learn more about our thoughts on “gaining humans” here!
- Avoid clichés at all costs! They not only sound tired and old school; they also irritate reader retention rates significantly (yours included). Instead of saying “to summarize,” try something more creative like “So let me inject some fresh air into this stale discussion by summarizing.”
- Be succinct but descriptive at the same time. Don’t overload your readers with the information they can already find online elsewhere; focus on delivering key points that will make their read worthwhile
When it comes to content strategy, images and videos are key.
They can help your blog or website stand out from the competition, attract new readers and followers, and increase engagement. However, choosing the right images and videos to accompany your posts can be challenging. That’s why it’s important to have an understanding of what works best for your audience and what will provide the most value for your business or project.
When starting a blog, it’s important to find the right people to write for you. Not all bloggers are created equal – some are great at writing catchy headlines but don’t have much else up their sleeves, while others can produce high-quality content year-round.
To find the right writers for your blog, take some time to evaluate your skills and interests. What topics do you feel strongest about? Once you have a list of potential contributors, ask them what topics they would like to write about and get started on assigning tasks based on those interests and areas of expertise.
Remember: not every blogger is capable of writing an in-depth article on complex subjects or producing perfect grammar every single time. Work with your team members accordingly; give them credit where credit is due (and let them know when they need help!), but also expect feedback and revisions from each writer before posts go live!
There are a number of tools and resources available to help you develop and execute your content strategy.
- Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram offer powerful marketing tools that can be used to promote your content. Make sure to follow the guidelines for each platform carefully so that your posts don’t violate their terms of service.
- Web 2.0 platforms like WordPress and Medium give creators the ability to put together high-quality articles and share them with the world via social media or email campaigns. These sites also make it easy for people who want to write about your company or product to find relevant information quickly.
- Google has many resources available on its online search engine including blogs written by experts in various fields (like SEO), video tutorials on specific topics (like creating effective blog content), as well as data sources such as fact sheets and white papers on a variety of topics (including content marketing). Use these resources along with others found online – like industry magazines -to expand upon what you know about content marketing and provide greater depth and breadth of information about the subject for your target audience.
Did we just blow your mind with all these awesome tips? We sure did. In the end, it comes down to being strategic and consistent when it comes time to share great content that engages your audience.
We can help you create a strategy that works for you and keeps them coming back for more! Drop us a message if you want a consultation!